The PAC fundraises for many things to make our school an amazing place. Field trips, playgrounds, murals, cultural events, staff appreciation, projection screen (to name a few).
New ideas, as well as enthusiastic parents who want to volunteer in any capacity are always welcome.
September 24th and 25th. September 24th location is Centennial Beach. September 25th location is Westham Island Herb Farm. Sign Up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4cafa62fa1fe3-portrait1
We will be hosting a spring fair this year and we are looking for a coordinator. You don’t have to do all the work, you just have to organize everyone! Email us email@example.com if you think you might be interested in the position.
“Dough Raiser Program”. Mention Hawthorne School when you buy anything at Cobb’s bread and 5% of your purchase is donated back to our school.
Portrait Fundraiser October/November 2015
A portrait fundraiser was held on October 2/3 at Delta Municipal Hall and Oct. 31/Nov. 1 at Diefenbaker Park, This has been an annual fundraiser since 2009. Sessions are booked every half hour. 1 session costs $40 which includes almost half an hour with a professional photographer in an outdoor location and an 8×10 of your choice.
23 sessions were booked which is a significant decrease from 40 in 2014. The total profit was $690.00 after paying the photographer their $10/session ($230.00) portion for developing the free 8×10.
Portrait Fundraiser October/November 2014
A portrait fundraiser was held on October 26th, November 2nd and November 11th . This has been an annual fundraiser since 2009. Sessions are booked every half hour. 1 session costs $40 which includes almost half an hour with a professional photographer in an outdoor location and an 8×10 of your choice. The 2014 location was Wellbrook Winery for the first 2 dates and Delta Municipal Hall grounds for the 3rd date.
40 sessions were booked. The total profit was $1200.00 after paying the photographer their $10/session ($400.00) portion for developing the free 8×10.
The photographer is Schurman Photography. www.schurmanphotography.com
This year people could sign up via Sign Up Genius again which alleviates a lot of work for the coordinator. The same amount of money is raised with about half of the work.
Advertising via our Facebook group page was very successful. We had to add a 3rd date due to popular demand.
Previous years info:
2015: Delta Municpal Hall Grounds, Diefenbaker Park
2014: Wellbrook Winery and Delta Municipal Hall Grounds Profit $1200.00
2013: Centennial Beach, Tsawwassen, Profit $1140.00 Hawthorne Portrait Fundraiser 2013
2012: Kirkland House, Ladner, Profit $1110.00 Hawthorne Portrait Fundraiser 2012
2011: Delta City Hall, Ladner Hawthorne Portrait Fundraiser 2011
2010: Wellbrook Winery, Ladner Hawthorne Portrait Fundraiser 2010
2009: Diefenbaker Park, Tsawwassen Hawthorne Portrait Fundraiser 2009
Notes for next year’s coordinator
- Connect with photographer at the end of summer to set a date. A weekend with a back up weekend in case of rain are needed.
- When deciding on dates, make sure to check daylight hours and stay inside them. 2013 we did a 9am start with a 5:30pm last session.
- Make a sign up genius for sessions. (free and user-friendly, if unsure how to navigate, request support from PAC executive. Big groups might want to consider purchasing 2 sessions back to back. This will give them almost an hour and 2 free 8×10’s.
- Approx 3 weeks prior to the sessions, send email out to parents via class reps advertising fundraiser. Attach the pdf promo provided by the photographer), with link to sign up genius. Wording from 2013: Emails sent out via class reps for Portrait Fundraiser 2013 Also print a couple and put up in staff room. Could also post on community boards. 2013 Promo: Hawthorne Portrait Fundraiser 2013
- Follow up with people who sign up online with more details via email. Email to send out after initial sign up with details. Attach the additional price list to this email (Additional portraits can be purchased with 100% of those costs going to the photographer.)
- Approximately 1 week prior to sessions, send another email via class reps reminding parents that there is still time to sign up. See #2 at this link: Emails sent out via class reps for Portrait Fundraiser 2013
- Email the photographer a couple of days in advance of the sessions with the schedule.
- Email or call the photographer the night prior with any last minute schedule additions.
- Session payments are collected prior to the portrait date and sent to the school office with the coordinators name on it. Cash is accepted, or cheques made payable to “Hawthorne PAC”.
- Once all payments have been received, tally them up and give to the treasurer to deposit.
- Request from the treasurer a cheque for the photographer.
- Submit a summary and applicable documents to the PAC executive for the website.
This is an easy fundraiser to coordinate, Only one parent is needed to do the work.
Read-A-Thon Fundraiser March 2014
A Read-A-Thon fundraiser was held from March 3-7th, 2014. Students were asked read every night at home and to collect pledges from family, friends and neighbours. There was a theme day each day of the week. Monday: Dress-as-your-favorite-book-character day, Tuesday: Read-A-Shirt day, Wednesday: Donate-A-Book(s) day, Thursday: Wear-pink-or-red day (to show your love for books), Friday: PJ Day; bring your favorite bedtime story.
Notes for the next coordinator:
- Share plan with students and staff at the assembly 1 month prior. Bring in speaker from book donation charity to educate students on where their books will be going.
- Create small notice to send home in advance of pledge sheet (send home approx 2 weeks prior to fundraiser). Photocopy enough for “youngest and only“ students. Place into teachers mailboxes.
- Create pledge sheet/instructions. Photocopy enough for all students. Place in teachers mailbox with collection envelope with instructions for teacher and note to send forms home on the Wednesday prior to the fundraising week.
- At assembly following the fundraiser, present books to the book donation charity.
- Collect money and forms on the Monday following the fundraising week by parent volunteers. Have more than one person count the money for accountability and give funds to treasurer.
- 5 prizes given on the Monday after pledges are turned in. All students who participate in collecting pledges and turn in their pledge forms and money by the Monday will have their name put in a draw. (Incentive prizes might increase number of pledges collected i.e. pizza party for class that brings in the most pledges, or prize for the student with the most pledges)
- Friday prior to fundraising week: decorate the school (3pm), many hands make light work.
- Quotes about reading were made for classroom doors and around the school.
- Office decorated “Seuss” style
- Office display cabinet was decorated with book recommendations from students:
- “Guess the book” jar was in the library and there were three different ones for various age groups.
- Dress-as-your-favorite-book-character Day
- Daily prize – $10 black bond g/c for both primary and intermediate
- Volunteer needed to go around to take photos on this day
- Book-Donation Day
- Daily Prize – $10 black bond g/c for both primary and intermediate
- Wear-pink-or-red Day to show our love of books.
- We cut paper hearts for the students to write on in pink, red and purple. Why I love books/to read. We used these as decorations for the Friday assembly.
- 2 volunteers needed to make display boards
- Daily Prize – $10 black bond g/c for both primary and intermediate
- PJ Day, bring your favorite bedtime story
- Guess the book prize winners announced at the assembly
- All students got a bag of gummy worms at the end of the school day…
Raffle – May 2012 – raised $8,100
3 top prizes for raffle: iPAD 2, XBOX 360 with kinect and iPOD.
Draw date was May 25, 2012
Email went out to parents around March 15, 2012 regarding the raffle.
A working party to prepare raffle tickets occurred in the first 2 weeks of March.
Raffle tickets had to be printed, cut, numbered and stapled into books of 10.
Gaming license had to be applied for (liase with PAC Treasurer).
It takes approx 5-10 business days for a gaming license to be returned approved.
Raffle Tickets were sent home on May 7, 2012.
Tickets were collected back May 7-18, 2012
8 themed baskets were made.
Parties were held for the top division sellers (primary and intermediate).
Rewards to top individual sellers.